Blazor viewer

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
dikan

Re: Blazor viewer

Post by dikan »

Do you need any explanation or it is clear enough?
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

We have looked at your project and do not see any problem on our side, reports are opened in the viewer.
If you need to return to the table after the report has been printed, try to store the state of the table.
Also try to open the viewer as a new tab in your browser, see the link below:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answe ... using-navi

Thank you.
dikan

Post by dikan »

Okay. I understand that you are not interested in making changes and I can agree that a new window in the browser is a solution, but then I would ask you to show me such code in your examples, since what you put here as a link is loaded with ambiguities for an ordinary pdf file.
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

We do not have any such samples.
Please see the information at the link provided on how to open a new page in blazor.
This is your code and you can do what you want.

As a way you can try to use the following code:

Code: Select all

await JS.InvokeVoidAsync("open", strURL, "_blank");
Thank you.
dikan

Post by dikan »

Max,
now I consider this as a personal meter.
If you may observe I am 15 years permanent subscriber of StimulSoft Reports and have never received this ignorant answer.
StimulSoft refused to make the changes I suggested and I received an explanation that it is possible to do it in another way (by opening a new tab in the browser). I understood that, but you answered me with a link stating in the comments that the solution does not work and did not show how it is feasible. it's disrespectful to both me and the product you support.

It goes something like this: "Want a report? So make it."

You know the narde effect you put in the last post? Do not open a new tab, but return the application to the Login page of the application in a same tab. You obviously haven't tried it yourself.

Thanks for your support.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please tell me what problems, questions you still have at this moment.

Thank you.
dikan

Post by dikan »

Hello Lech,
Now I need one thing. As I asked in my previous posts, I want to make the blazor report viewer more functional.
The problem is that after each report view, the user must return to the position from which he requested the report view through navigation and re-searching the table. It takes users time and makes their work quite inefficient. Some kind of popup report viewer was what I have in mind.
I was asked to make an example so that StimulSoft support would understand it better and I did. After that I got the answer that this is not what you want to do and that there is another way that can be an alternative solution, opening a new tab in the browser with the report viewer. I agreed too. But there is one serious problem, as the blazer server application is essentially a SPA, I really can't do it. What I expected was that if a solution was proposed to me, it meant that it was feasible. Therefore, now I need only one thing, and that is how to make a preview of the report in the new tab browser in the blazor server application.

Thanks in advance.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please check the attached sample.

Thank you.
Attachments
photo_2024-05-10_14-08-57.jpg
photo_2024-05-10_14-08-57.jpg (27.1 KiB) Viewed 129 times
StimulExample.zip
(709.5 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
dikan

Post by dikan »

Thank you Lech.

This was quick, easy and effective. Exactly as I am used to from StimulSoft. Sorry, but I've been programming for the web recently and obviously my ignorance is a problem, but I'm learning as I go.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

You are welcome.